World Federation of Incontinence Patients (WFIP) is a federation of national (patient) organisations, which aims at creating global visibility for incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction – awareness, advocacy and action.
For people living with incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction, WFIP’s mission is to:
• Be the patient voice,
• Be heard in society and by policy-makers,
• Be a global umbrella for national organizations,
• Encourage an open public debate and break stigma and taboos.
The vision of WFIP is to create a world where people living with all forms of pelvic floor dysfunction(s) can enjoy a high quality of life, play an active role in society and have access to appropriate treatments.
The World Federation of Incontinence Patients – WFIP raises awareness about incontinence and all forms of pelvic floor dysfunction. To achieve the above goals, WFIP seeks to:
• Work with patients/citizens, healthcare professionals, industry, academia and policy makers,
• Facilitate access to continence and pelvic floor dysfunction support services through advocacy,
• Provide evidence-based information and advice,
• Support research initiatives to achieve WFIP’s objectives,
• Develop international guidelines for patients including preventive and lifestyle measures to improve their quality of life,
• Provide relevant information and advice,
• Elevate the visibility of WFIP,
• Help establish new patient advocacy groups in countries where no such groups exist,
• Support relevant changes at global level,
• Share experiences with member organisations and other stakeholders,
• Adhere to WFIP’s Charter of patients’ rights,
• Undertake collaborative work with member organisations to increase the impact of initiatives undertaken.