The World Federation of Incontinence Patients is dedicated to promoting worldwide the interests of sufferers of incontinence and related pelvic floor disorders.
The WFIP provides its individual member associations with the most comprehensive and up-to-date information, guidelines, and educational resources. It seeks global cooperation and consensus via advocacy, public health education, and contact with official and scientific bodies and other patient advocacy groups.
Call to Action
- Developing international guidelines for patients in preventive, lifestyle measures to reduce risks of incontinence and when to seek help for symptoms;
- Elevating the visibility of WFIP; and
- Mentoring to give life to new patient advocacy groups in countries without a patient voice.
The WFIP is mostly comprised of patient advocacy organizations, though doctors, non-government organizations, and non-commercial entities are welcome to become members of the WFIP. If you want to join us, please contact us here.
WFIP is full member of and liaises with
- Continence Promotion Committee of the International Continence Society (ICS)
- Eurodis – The Voice of Rare Disease Patients in Europe
- European Forum for Good Clinical Practice (EFGCP)
- European Chronic Conditions Task Force
- International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations (IAPO)
- Member of the European Patients’ Forum (EPF)
- Member of Health First Europe
- Representative for the EU Active & Healthy Aging & Chronic Conditions Management Program
- European Men’s Health Forum
Links of interest
- American Urogynecological Society (AUGS)
- Drug Information Association (DIA)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- European Sexual Health Association (ESHA)
- International Continence Society (ICS)
- International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FIGO)
- International Urogynecological Society (IUGA)
- The Pharmaceutical Forum
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- WHO Human Rights
- WHO Reproductive Health
- World Toilet Organization (WTO)
- Product Continence Advisor
Entrepreneurial specialist, delivering true benefits to patients.
Our purpose explains why the Grünenthal team works with passion and dedication every day. It gives direction about the contribution each of us can make, and leads to a strong company dedicated to the patients’ needs.
Digital health startup, offering self-care plans for women’s intimate health.
B-wom is changing self-care for women. We create preventive and personalized plans for female’s health. All personalized, we are able to have a positive impact on women’s health. We support women during all the moments of their lives and we are focused on raising awareness and prevention.